Monday, November 28, 2011

Self Validation

Still wrestling with this... Never posted this! Figured I should:
____________________________________________________________

Is it just me, or do you search for validity in others?  Typically I need to hear that I am loved, that I am doing a good job, and/or that I am a good person in order to believe it.  But not only be told that once, but to be reminded of it.  I am a words of affirmation kind of gal.  I need to be told what it good, and what is bad to affirm what I believe.

Now that being said, while I don't think it's an awful cross to bear, it does make it difficult to go through life... When I don't receive validation from my loved ones, bosses, co-workers, the people I date, I tend to doubt myself, rather harshly.  I need to know from others that I am OK.  But why do I need the approval of others?

If I am a certain way, love myself for that, and am secure in that "way", then shant that be enough?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment